You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Import from iPhoto #1
Mark David's picture
by Mark David
March 26, 2011 - 6:53am

This is based on a question I asked on today's webinar. Having imported my iPhoto library into Aperture, I asked if I could just drag my iPhoto events out of the iPhoto folder and have them become Aperture projects.

Joseph said that the import should have converted iPhoto events into Aperture projects. That's not what happened. What happened was that the import threw the whole iPhoto library into Aperture as a distinct iPhoto folder, with individual events showing up as projects in an events folder.

So, to rephrase my question, all I need to do is pull my iPhoto projects out of the iPhoto folder and then delete the empty iPhoto folder?

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
March 26, 2011 - 7:41am

Mark,

You got it. Aperture was only being nice by organizing everything you imported from iPhoto in a folder it created and named iPhoto so you could see where it came from. This folder is just like any other folder in Aperture. You can move any of it around like Joseph showed in the webinar any way you want.

No need to keep the organization Aperture borrowed from iPhoto.

Thomas

Mark David's picture
by Mark David
March 26, 2011 - 7:44am

Thanks, Thomas!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 27, 2011 - 11:46pm

Mark & Thomas,

Aha Mark, sorry I misunderstood your question in the seminar. And thanks Thomas for responding!

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?