You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Import PDF aperture book #1
Laurence Grant's picture
by Laurence Grant
September 27, 2012 - 6:36am

Hi folk, can anyone help. I was advised by aperture support to check the book I created and make sure that print services receive an exact version of my book, by exporting the book as a PDF. That's fine and I do this before uploading for printing. My question is…
How do I get the PDF file back into aperture ?
Say, for example I remove the Book as I have a PDF on a disc ( saving space) and a customer asks for another copy. I should be able to get my archive disc, load back into aperture and order a new book. But how ?
Ps. Another example, I want to move the book to another library ?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
September 27, 2012 - 5:20pm

Laurence,

What Thomas said. And in fact by keeping the PDF, you’re taking up MORE space than by only keeping the Aperture book itself.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
September 27, 2012 - 12:00pm

Laurence,

Although seemingly Aperture uploads the same PDF you exported to manufacture the book, there’s no way to upload that PDF yourself to buy additional copies. You need to keep the book project within Aperture to order additional books from Apple.

I don’t think you’re saving much space by deleting the book from Aperture. The book is just a bunch of instructions for how to assemble the photos in it. The photos in the book aren’t duplicated in the book project, they are just referenced there. If you’re keeping the photos used in the book in your library then it doesn’t cost much more storage to keep the book project as well.

Thomas

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
September 28, 2012 - 2:29pm

Laurence,

If you want to move the book to another library, select it and export as a new library, then import elsewhere. There’s no need to export the PDF for archiving the book.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Laurence Grant's picture
by Laurence Grant
September 28, 2012 - 6:54am

Thanks guys. I know your right it seems draft that once the book has left aperture it can’t go back ! I exported a book, to transfer it to a new library and now it’s just sitting on my desktop with nowhere to go ! Apple say I have to get a third party to make a new book from the PDF. Surely they have lost a sale! I guess they don’t want ‘externally’ make books using apertures print services.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?