You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Importing with a default adjustment and metadata preset #1
bjurasz's picture
by bjurasz
October 26, 2015 - 2:22am

Maybe I’m just not far enough into the training videos, but in Aperture I routinely import photos and apply a default adjustment preset and a default metadata preset.  It makes life VERY EASY.  Does not seem to be a way to do that in Photos, correct?  I shoot RAW but most of the time I apply the same adjustments to all photos as a starting point.  Ditto for metadata.

Bill Jurasz
Austin Texas

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 26, 2015 - 3:33am
Sadly, no… it’s not there. If you want to add metadata on import, consider running them through Photo Mechanic first. As far as adjustments on import; no joy. Currently there’s no way to do this. PS—my use of the word “currently” does not imply that I know it’ll come soon, or even ever. Consider it more of a hope. Positive thinking and all that ;-)

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

bjurasz's picture
by bjurasz
October 26, 2015 - 3:34pm

Thanks.  PM is great product but a non-starter for me.  Trying to simplify things – the wife is not going to learn a two-part process for importing photos.  :)  Photos looks better with respect to import in at least one respect - we don’t have to remember to pick the correct Aperture project before we import!

Bill Jurasz
Austin Texas

bjurasz's picture
by bjurasz
November 4, 2015 - 3:18am

It appears that I cannot even save a default adjustment to later apply, even after import.  What it seems I need to do is import all my images.  Grab the first one.  Edit it.  Then copy the adjustments.  Next move to the next image and paste adjustments.  Move to the next image and paste again. Repeat.  Repeat.  Repeat.

Gotta be an easier way.  How in the world could Apple not do batch edits at all?

Maybe a way to automator this?

Bill Jurasz
Austin Texas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness