You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Iphoto AP3.3 compatability #1
David Jenkins's picture
by David Jenkins
June 13, 2012 - 7:49am

With Apple all good things come at once.
We are just about to install a new 27” Imac to handle our photo libraries.
And a new Aperture comes along too.

What I'm interested in, is the compatibility between images in Iphoto and AP3.
We shoot both JPEG and raw,use iPhoto to deal with the JPEGs.
Yes, I've tried JPEG+raw in AP3, but it is to say the least klutzy, and hard to separate them and needs keystrokes to change between, and making separate Albums only clogs up the interface and so in the end, raw in AP3, JPEGs in iPhoto.
Not to mention redundant never to be used, but always to be stored raw/jpeg pairs.

Has anybody taken a peek in the new library packages and seen what file changes have taken place. Are they both using the same folder type system?

If I load images into Iphoto and AP3.3 how easy is it to access say the raw for a single image from within Iphoto?

Be interested now to see what happens when the new iMac is installed.

DJ

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
June 13, 2012 - 8:08am

The Libraries for iPhoto 9.3 and Aperture 3.3 are “unified” in the sense of easier compatibility for importing work done in iPhoto to Aperture … as far as what I read … I don’t have iPhoto v9 to tell you from personal experience …

David Jenkins's picture
by David Jenkins
June 14, 2012 - 8:44am

I think you’re right, it is not a direct compatibility, just makes it easier to be able to work with the iPhoto images over in AP3.3

I’m beginning to think it is more a ‘feature’ for the sake of some future compatibility, or changes in iPhoto and it marketing rather than a really useful, must have, how did I ever live without it tool.

Still be interesting to see if there are some potential uses.

Regards
DJ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?