You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
JPEG/Raw Pairs #1
Maczero's picture
by Maczero
May 21, 2015 - 2:18pm

WE are all aware that C1 does not stack images like Aperture, but I have accidentally stumbled across a sort of JPEG/Raw workflow for rating and keywords.

Once you have imported the images you can hide the Raw files (in my case) and then keyword/rate/apply colour labels etc.  Once the Raw files are unhidden these seem to transfer across to the Raw files.

Andrew Macnaughton

Maczero's picture
by Maczero
May 22, 2015 - 2:32pm

Should have added, you need to make sure that the box to pair raw and jpeg files is ticked when you import.  You then need to sync the files in the metadata tool.

Andrew Macnaughton

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
June 9, 2015 - 7:30pm

Hi Andrew

The option to pair jpegs and RAWs at import is not leaping out at me in COP8.3 - can you help please?

d.

Maczero's picture
by Maczero
June 23, 2015 - 3:07pm

Hi David

Sorry for the delay in replying - not being stand-offish, just off net for three blissful weeks in the Outer Hebrides.

The pair Raw/Jpeg option can be found in the import dialogue under the Naming disclosure triangle. 

However, that said, on further experimentation I am not sure that this is of much help as a workflow.  Sorry to raise false hopes.

Andrew

Andrew Macnaughton

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
June 24, 2015 - 5:31pm

Thanks Andrew

Can’t think of a better excuse for being unavailable!

Well it’s to the end of the world - I think perhaps that setting up standard looks for my Nikon and Fuji cameras on import to COP is perhaps a better way to go. Nice as the Fuji rendering is it’s probably more sensible to be consistent.

COP’s rendering of high-ISO Fuji images caused my jaw to drop - goodbye to the loathsome “plastic face” look.

d.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?