You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Keep Crop Tool Active All the Time? #1
Jim Bailey's picture
by Jim Bailey
August 20, 2011 - 2:12am

OK, all of you uberhelpful A3 experts: is there any way to keep the crop tool active on-screen during an extensive edit session, from picture to picture? I get tired of cropping a pic, then having to choose and click to bring up the crop tool AGAIN for the next pic, ad infinitum. It'd be a lot faster to just leave the danged thing active all the time, like some of the adjustment tools (spot and patch and smoothening, for instance). BTW I'm not changing aspect ratios or anything like that. Looked in my A3 books but nothing on this.

Thanks in advance, The Rapid Cropper =)

Scott Davenport's picture
by Scott Davenport
August 20, 2011 - 8:26am

Hi Jim,

If the only thing you’re doing is cropping as you move from picture to picture, the crop brick will stay open. Or so this is how it behaved in the mini-test I just did (on Aperture 3.1.3). But I’ll stress again that this only worked if cropping was the *only* adjustment I was doing.

HTH,
-scott

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
August 20, 2011 - 8:36am

Jim,

You should get familiar with keyboard shortcuts in Aperture. Unless you’ve customized it to something else, the “C” key will turn on the crop tool. And “A” will turn it off and bring back the plain old pointer.

No need to click the tool with the mouse. Use one hand to operate the mouse (or pen tablet) and the other to select tools on the keyboard.

Tom

Thomas

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 20, 2011 - 11:15am

Jim,

Use command-arrow to move to the next photo, and the crop tool should stay open. There’s no need to hit return, or close the crop tool, for it to be applied.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness