You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
key photo settings lost #1
David Teigland's picture
by David Teigland
July 19, 2012 - 9:17am

This has randomly happened three times in the past two weeks. I open up Aperture and the key photo setting on a bunch of projects is lost. The photo displayed for the project is either the first in the project, or a random one. An odd pattern is that it appears to be either the first 30-40 projects that are wrong or the last 30-40 projects (with the others unchanged, I have a few over 100 with 65,000 photos total.)

Has anyone else seen or fixed this? How likely is it that Aperture is corrupting other aspects of my library that I haven't seen? I've rebuilt the database and restored from a vault since the first time this has happened, and the problem has continued to crop up.

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
July 19, 2012 - 10:14pm

I would submit feedback to Apple from the Aperture > Provide Aperture Feedback menu. They only know about the bugs people report. The only way we make sure Aperture gets better is to report the bugs we find and submit the feature enhancements we desire.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
July 19, 2012 - 10:39pm

David
Have you tried the repair and rebuild of the data base listed in the FAQ? There are many things that Joseph has listed to try to repair Aperture. I think you can fix it faster than Apple will get back to you. Cheers

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

David Teigland's picture
by David Teigland
July 20, 2012 - 12:16pm

Thanks, yes, I did the provide feedback thing right away. I did rebuild the database… unless I missed something, it doesn’t give the user any feedback, so you’re left wondering if it did any good or not.

David Teigland's picture
by David Teigland
July 20, 2012 - 12:37pm

Sorry, I did not “rebuild” the database, I did “repair”. I’m not sure this problem is severe enough to warrant a rebuild.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
July 20, 2012 - 3:08pm

Well It doesn’t hurt to rebuild and if it keeps doing it then you have elimenated a possible cause in the search for the answer. David

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness