You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Keyword Hierarchy problem #1
Debbie's picture
by Debbie
September 26, 2011 - 11:14am

Hi! I'm adding some keywords to my photos by dragging the keywords (one at a time) to the highlighted group of photos. These keywords are in a hierarchy, so they have a parent keyword. I thought the parent keyword would automatically follow the child keyword, but that's not happening. I must be doing something wrong, but can't figure out what it is. Any ideas?

~Debbie

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
September 26, 2011 - 12:31pm

Debbie,

The parent keyword isn’t automatically added, however it still shows up in searches. So for example if you have the keywords Wedding > Bride and you add Bride, the keyword Wedding will not automatically get added. However, if you then search for the keyword Wedding, the results will show all images with keywords that fall under the Wedding hierarchy.

You can always manually add the keyword as well if you prefer.

This is all dynamic. So let’s say that you have a category Vegetables and under that include Tomato. Then you learn that a tomato is actually a fruit, so you move tomato under the Fruit category. Searches for vegetables will no longer show the tomato photos, because the keyword vegetable never actually existed on that tomato photo.

Ok pretty fringe example but I struggled with coming up with a plausible one :)

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
September 26, 2011 - 4:23pm

Thanks, Joseph! I get it now! I need to re-watch the keywording video to refresh my memory about keywording as I’m just beginning to add them. I needed a quick answer so I just asked here. Great explanation, though it made me hungry. LOL! :)

~Debbie

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness