You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Keyword search #1
Stefan Rusche's picture
by Stefan Rusche
August 31, 2010 - 4:46am

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding search by keywords: when I type in more than one keyword in the search bar I do not get any results, no matter if I separate those with a comma or just a space. Isn't this supposed to work? Or do I have to use the search HUD for keyword search? When I am searching my entire library there are a LOT of keywords. I always thought I could use the searchbar just like Spotlight, typing several words and getting results in real-time. It works like this in iPhoto, so why not in Aperture?

Regards,
Stefan

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
September 1, 2010 - 9:14am

Stefan,

Which search bar are you using? The one above the Project list just searches Project and Album names. If you click in the search bar over a the Browser, then you can search for keywords that way.

If you want to search the entire library at once, you can go to the Photos view (and perhaps the Projects view, I’m not sure) and search in that search window for keywords as well.

But don’t expect real-time results if you have a large library. It can take a few moment to go through 100,000 images :)

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
September 1, 2010 - 10:10am

In Aperture, single keywords can contain more than one word separated by a space. If you search using two words separated by a space, Aperture looks for a keyword that has both words exactly as you typed (i.e. it’s a single keyword made up of two words with a space). When I first started using Aperture I was initially confused because I didn’t know keywords should be separated by a comma and not a space. Aperture treats the space like a connector to make a long keyword of multiple words.

I think the only way to search for multiple keywords is to use the filter HUD. You can use the pop-up menu there to decide whether it’s an “AND” or “OR” search when multiple keywords are checked.

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?