You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Keywording problem #1
Debbie's picture
by Debbie
March 2, 2013 - 3:59pm

Hi! I'm trying to add keywords in batches by dragging a kw from the HUB to a group of highlighted photos. The problem is it's not working. I drag the kw to the photos and it only adds to the photo I'm hovering over, not the rest that are highlighted. I've tried over and over again but to no avail. Is this a bug? Can we no longer kw this way? Does anyone else have this problem? I have the latest version of Aperture.

TIA!

~Debbie

Jim Burgess's picture
by Jim Burgess
March 2, 2013 - 10:41pm

Debbie,

What you describe will happen if you have Primary Only selected (Edit menu, or icon at lower right). And in a somewhat unintuitive way, the keyword(s) are not applied to the primary selected photo but to the one you dropped on, as you have observed.

So check your Primary Only setting and let us know what happens.

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
March 4, 2013 - 6:54am

That was it! I’ve never encountered this problem so I think maybe a recent restore of my library must have reset it. Sorry I didn’t respond sooner but I thought I had no replies since nothing came to my email despite being subscribed. Whew! So relieved! :)

Thanks so much, Jim!

~Debbie

Jim Burgess's picture
by Jim Burgess
March 4, 2013 - 9:51am

I wish the designers of Aperture would abandon the gray-scale approach which has become prevalent throughout apps. If Primary-Only is in effect a lot of features are affected. It therefore seems logical that if the Primary-Only icon would appear as something other than dull gray when it is in effect, that could probably eliminate a lot of problems that users encounter. Like some shade of red, for example. Inconsistently, the Quick Preview icon does this, but the Primary Only icon doesn’t. Weird design choices, IMO. I wonder if the designers actually use the stuff they design.

Anyway, happy to help and glad it was something simple.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness