You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Keywords/Export question #1
sidelinemedia's picture
by sidelinemedia
April 16, 2014 - 2:23pm

Good morning, 

I am a freelance photographer for several NCAA institutions. For my basketball work, the clients want the images sorted by player number. 

SO- I created a keyword fro each school and a keyword number for each player.  I then go thru and tag each image with the appropriate player numbers, search/sort by keyword, and then create albums for each number.  Next I export them to the desktop folder and burn to disk or transfer to jump drive. Very time consuming process and it seems there should be a script or automator action to actually speed the process up…I do not see a way to speed up tagging images but I would think I could sort and export at the push of a button. Can anyone see anything I have missed or make a suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Chris Biele's picture
by Chris Biele
April 23, 2014 - 1:41pm

Have you tried making smart albums of each player? That would be easier to manage without having to do searches all the time. If you photograph the same team more than once then you can copy the smart albums into each new project, essentially saving that step. Hope that helps.

sidelinemedia's picture
by sidelinemedia
May 5, 2014 - 7:36pm

I had never used smart albums.  I guess just never taken the time to actually test it out…They worked great. Quickly set up my exports for 11 conference teams and the sorts were very quick..

Thanks for suggestion

Keith

Chris Biele's picture
by Chris Biele
May 5, 2014 - 11:10pm
Happy to help!
You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?