You are here

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Last Edited #1
ppmax's picture
by ppmax
June 11, 2014 - 1:13am

Hi–

Newby here, but not an Aperture newby…I have a question that the hive mind of ApertureExperts may know the answer to:

I want to create a smart album that will list all the images I have edited in the last <period of time>…say the last 30 days. I’ve searched hi and low and there doesn’t appear to be a way to do this.

Any ideas?

thx

pp

ppmax's picture
by ppmax
June 11, 2014 - 1:40am

Well, I seem to have answered my own question, though not in the way I thought. It turns out that if you switch to list view and customize the view, you can add a column for Last Modified. Unfortunately this bit of metadata isn’t available in the Smart Album UI

Oh well, it get’s the job done. 

thx

PP

BopperZip's picture
by BopperZip
June 11, 2014 - 9:08pm

Try this.  FILE>NEW>Smart album.

Select the filters you want. If you don’t see DATE as a filter option, click “Add Rule” at the upper right of the window and it will be added as a filter option.  Then set whatever parameters you want and the album will appear in the left sidebar and update automatically.

FYI, I believe there is already a default smart album for photos in the last month at the bottom of the left sidebar. Alternatively, you can edit that to whatever filters you want.

Good luck

BopperZip

ppmax's picture
by ppmax
June 11, 2014 - 9:18pm

Thanks for your response. I am aware of the Date metadata option. However I’m not looking for a way to create smart albums full of images *created* on a specific-or range-of dates…I want a smart album that will only show images that have been *edited* within a specific range. It does not appear possible to do this.

As I mentioned above, you can add a column for “last modified” to the list view…which can the be sorted ascending/descending. This mostly gets me what I want…albeit not within the context of a smart album. 

thx

PP

BopperZip's picture
by BopperZip
June 11, 2014 - 9:21pm

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.  There is an option in Smart Album to filter by adjustment. Can you combine that with a date filter to get what you want?  

BopperZip

BopperZip's picture
by BopperZip
June 11, 2014 - 9:29pm

Here is a link to a screenshot that seems to do what you want. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wube7vduhhgjgu4/Screen%20Shot%202014-06-11%20a…

BopperZip

ppmax's picture
by ppmax
June 12, 2014 - 1:22am

Thanks for posting the screenshot–that’s an interesting take. I tried this out and it doesn’t really accomplish what I was looking for…for example, I edited a picture taken in 2009 recently and this query doesn’t grab it. Logically, the query is looking for images that have adjustments that have been captured in the last 30 days. 

It is interesting that there is an Aperture metadata field for Last Modified (which is usable as column in list view) but it isn’t available as a choice in the Smart Albums query fields.

My workaround is to activate the Photos group in the Library and then switch to list view and sort by the Last Modified column.  This accomplishes my goal but it would be sweet to have a Smart Album instead. 

Thanks for the help!

PP

BopperZip's picture
by BopperZip
June 13, 2014 - 12:14am

I’ve tried a number of different things and haven’t been able to accomplish what you want. Sorting by Last Modified might be your best choice.

I’m not a programmer but I’d bet someone could write an AppleScript to deliver what you want.

BopperZip

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness