You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Latest Update STILL lacks Fujifilm RAW #1
Marcus 's picture
by Marcus
November 18, 2012 - 6:25pm

Yet another update today full of what I call 'kiddy features' like Photostream and Faces and no sign of things I actually need from Apple such as RAW support for cameras I use!

Sadly I think I can really only give Aperture until the end of the year to sharpen up and show signs of actually being the professional photography program it was always touted as rather than iPhoto Plus which seems to be what it is becoming.

Very disappointing and I so don't want to use LR but given the lack of support for so many things (e.g. Camera Profiles and so on) in Aperture as well as the lack of support for camera files which LR does support it is really heading towards being unavoidable.

Marcus 's picture
by Marcus
November 20, 2012 - 1:37pm

There are some issues with LR RAW treatment of SOME images from the X Pro 1 and presumably XE1 since they share a sensor.

Nevertheless. LR DOES read, manipulate and display the RAW files from these cameras. Aperture does not. To date, I have not found the reported issues in LR to affect any images I have shot, but I do not use the camera for landscape which often seems to be the kind of shots that are causing the issues.

I agree about Sillypix (although I would be a lot less kind than calling it ‘quirky’!).

Jim Burgess's picture
by Jim Burgess
November 18, 2012 - 9:44pm

Couple of points…

There’s lots of info about this already on this site. Look for “When will my new dslr have raw support in aperture” in the FAQ.

If you do any research in LR forums and elsewhere, you’ll find lots of issues with LR support for Fuji RAW. You will also find that many Fuji cameras are not included in Adobe’s official list of supported RAW formats. Lots of issues with lots of other software for that matter. Please point out software that properly supports all Fuji cameras if you are aware of any (besides the quirky SilkyPix distributed by Fuji).

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness