You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
library fault any minute Aperure will go out the window #1
subsea's picture
by subsea
February 8, 2011 - 2:18pm

I have no idea what is happening
i use mange library (all pictures inside the library)
But i keeps losing the images i have to do i repair more less every time i have used Aperture!!!
When i have done editing my latest shots, i normally place one of them as the desktop pictures but 9-10 times are only 10% showing up i media browser.
so first i try to see if it the media browser that is action up by exporting the master but nope only 10-15% of the images are there.
so i have to repair and then i have to put the recovered files back into the project and delete the previews.
Has anybody tried the same lost file scenario

Henrik

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 9, 2011 - 3:12pm

Henrik,

Sounds like a pretty messed up Library. You said you run “repair”, have you done the “Rebuild” yet? That’s a more thorough service you can run on the Library.

Also, please be sure you’re running the latest OS and Aperture versions (10.6.6 and 3.1.1 as of this writing)—run Software Update to check. There were some Media Browser issues fixed in the latest Aperture that it sounds like you may still be running into.

As always, back up your Library before doing any major changes (like a rebuild!).

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

subsea's picture
by subsea
February 9, 2011 - 3:49pm

Messed up not the right word :)
yes i have done all of the repair, rebuild still same hick up
yes i running the latest update.
but i have made up my mind i will start all over make a new library and re-import all the photos and hope for the best :)
Henrik

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 9, 2011 - 10:55pm

Henrik,

If it’s not too late, try this… export the Project(s) as a New Library (menu: File > Export > Project as New Library… and see if that new Library behaves any better. You can even select ALL of your Projects and export them, essentially duplicating your Library but hopefully not duplicating the problems.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph

subsea's picture
by subsea
February 10, 2011 - 9:32am

Joseph
been down that road same, and the same thing with the library.
but i know what is wrong now.
when i installed Aperture and the apps i have i used the Monolingual to remove old ppc and the other stuff
i found this site where other peoples have been having problems with ms office with the update. (me too) and they also had used Monolingual
so spend all night on the mac
i reinstalled macosx with updates aperture with all updates and all pictures inside the library.
i have edit closed open closed Aperture with out losing a single image
so case closed
:)

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 10, 2011 - 10:43am

Thanks for sharing that, Henrik. I’m sure that info will be very useful to another user in the future!

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?