You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Life After Aperture? #1
Ben's picture
by Ben
November 21, 2016 - 8:04am

Hi There, as an amature i’m currently using aperture but looking to change soon as support dwindles, as for editing photos i only do that for stuff i want to print or upload for sharing. I’m liking the look of capture one pro but also like the simplicity of photos for mac just for browsing. my library is a mix of iphone, canon 60D RAW images and my trusty point and shoot jpegs. i also use NIK software. here are some options im thinking of:

1. Transferring everything to photos then when i what to edit just taking that selection over to capture one just for editing (if this is possible).

2. Transferring everything to Capture pro and using it for everything just like i am at the moment with Aperture.

3. Transferring everything to photos then when i what to edit just taking that selection over to NIK software one just for editing (if this is possible).

just wanted to get some thoughts if this might be a way to go or if anyone has any other suggestion, tips or solutions.

Cheers Ben

Ben Rolfe

Jay Herman's picture
by Jay Herman
November 23, 2016 - 5:45am

I’m also an amateur using Aperture, and I’ve looked at/considered lots of options: Photos with extensions, Corel AfterShot Pro, Picktorial, Lightroom, and ON1 Photo RAW. I’m most intrigued/impressed by ON1 Photo RAW and am seriously considering moving to it when it comes out (pre-release is tomorrow). Have you looked at it?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?