You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
lost menu bar for uploading via ftp #1
LEP's picture
by LEP
November 11, 2012 - 7:46am

hi, I am trying to help out a friend who has some health issues, is a well know photographer, and has used Aperture for many years. Unfortunately,while I am an experienced Mac user, I am unfamiliar with the program. Here's the main issue – he is using a G5 with a 17inch screen and version 3.3 (something) of Aperture. Previously (before the past 4 weeks) he apparently had a menu bar located at the bottom of his Aperture screen which contained links to all the professional ftp sites to which he uploaded his photos (eg. Corbis). All of a sudden, this menu bar disappeared. He does not have any recollection of making any changes etc. but you know how easy it is to hit a key by accident. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can fix this for him? This would be greatly appreciated. Previously, he could just drag his completed photo and drop it onto the menu bar into the correct ftp upload site. Now this ability is gone. Help would be greatly appreciated!! thank you. I forgot to include that he is using 10.7.x (whatever the latest is) – I have a feeling that when someone did that upgrade for him, that's when his problems began. He is also having issues with some tools becoming unusable. Thanks everyone.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 14, 2012 - 12:01pm

LEP,

That’s not an Aperture feature, so it came from somewhere else. I would guess that these were droplets created by an FTP app, and then he had a folder of aliases on his dock. That’d be my guess.

See if you can find a folder somewhere else on his Mac (I’d look in the Documents folder first) that’s full of these droplets. Actually you can probably search for “corbis” since that’s what one of them was likely called and see if that helps.

Once located, just drag the folder back onto the dock and it’ll create a new link there.

Hope that helps!

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

LEP's picture
by LEP
November 14, 2012 - 1:24pm

Joseph, thank you for the suggestion - I will go over and look at his computer tomorrow. What you’re suggesting totally makes sense. Unfortunately he’s not really a techie – he can use several programs really well but is not at all a Mac person (or a PC person for that matter- LOL). thanks again, Lynne

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 14, 2012 - 1:25pm

Great, hopefully that’s all there is to it!

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?