You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lost Pictures! #1
Laura Yanke's picture
by Laura Yanke
September 13, 2012 - 3:40am

My Macbook deleted everything. including what was in aperture. Is there any way to find the pictures that were in aperture?? Please help. My life was in there!!

Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
September 13, 2012 - 4:09am

Did you do something such as reinstall OS X? i.e. do a clean install? Also, did you do regular backups using Time Machine?

Laura Yanke's picture
by Laura Yanke
September 13, 2012 - 5:14am

to be honest i have no idea. the only thing i have updated is microsoft word. i was not using it when it happened my boyfriend was and he said he did not do anything to make everything delete. I found majority of my things in the trash bin but not all of my pictures. just the pictures i exported from aperture.

Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
September 13, 2012 - 5:34am

OK…so…did you do a recent Time Machine backup that you could retrieve your Aperture Library from?

Laura Yanke's picture
by Laura Yanke
September 13, 2012 - 1:47pm

no. i am new to the system and did not even know that i could do that. r they just gone forever?

Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
September 13, 2012 - 9:50pm

I’d recommend you take your MB to the Apple Store to see if they can help.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
September 14, 2012 - 3:05am

Luara,

I think a trip to the Apple Store is the best option. Honestly, it’s not possible for the computer to just “delete everything”. Either someone put “everything” in the trash, or something got moved, or it’s even possible that a new account was created and your info is sitting happily in the original account.

This isn’t something that can easily be trouble-shot over email support, and to be honest this is not an Aperture issue, so we really can’t help you here. If you don’t have an Apple store nearby, you should find someone locally who can sit in front of your computer and look around.

Just in case things were actually deleted, minimize use of your computer until this is resolved, as that will increase the odds of being able to recover deleted files.

Sorry we can’t help more.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?