5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mac App: "Backup to Flickr" #1
WorldTravelDude's picture
by WorldTravelDude
May 10, 2014 - 6:30pm

Anyone tried using this?

http://www.bohelay.org/iphotobackup-en/

It’ll backup your entire library to Flickr - which now gives us 1TB.  Sounds like a great way to get a free online backup.

Is this any better than the built-in Flickr sync?

The app is $1.99 and another $4 if you get some more ‘advanced’ features - seems a small price to pay to get yet another backup (and free as long as Yahoo allows it). I don’t ever expect to need the ‘restore’ feature as I have a few backups of my photos, but it can’t hurt.

My Tips and Advice on Travel: http://worldtraveldude.com

Jochen H. Schmidt's picture
by Jochen H. Schmidt
May 11, 2014 - 2:17pm

I've not tried the app but at least one thing that speaks against going that route is, that Flickr doesn't allow commercial use. Its a bit unclear what this exactly means though.

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
May 11, 2014 - 8:51pm

If you shoot raw files, do you want those (can you store those) on Flickr?

Chris Biele's picture
by Chris Biele
May 12, 2014 - 5:59pm

No deal with RAW on Flickr, but this app does convert them to JPG before uploading. As for commercial usage, Flickr only states that you can't use their platform for selling your work or hosting images which you link to for selling or marketing a product. You will still keep all your rights and be able to sell to whomever you want.

I am a little wary of sharing my images with Flickr now as they are more susceptible to theft, so as long as it sets them to private then you should be fine!

Overall it looks like a good free method for mass storage.

EdwardV's picture
by EdwardV
December 30, 2014 - 5:42am

If you are looking for simple way to backup then try Ahsay Software. Ahsay Backup software is the best backup solution has it all real-time archiving, unlimited versions of files, fully automatic and it designed for manage service provider to provide online backup service to their users. I’m really happy with it. You can also try this.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?