You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Master image turned red #1
Sharon Ann's picture
by Sharon Ann
February 24, 2012 - 12:39am

For no reason, a group of old photos turned red and are unusable. They appear on my grid as normal until I activate one, which then appears on my mirror screen as red. Also to e-mail it, it is received as red. It almost looks like a negative image. I can't find this on any Web sites. I don't even know what to call it. Is there any help?
Thanks, sharon ann

Sharon Ann

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 24, 2012 - 2:45am

Sharon,

Since it’s showing up that way on your mirrored screen, what if you remove the second monitor and just use the single display? Any difference?

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Sharon Ann's picture
by Sharon Ann
February 24, 2012 - 5:14am

Hmmm, I’ll try that tomorrow. Can I e-mail you a picture of it?
sharon ann

Sharon Ann

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 24, 2012 - 6:15am

Sure thing Sharon. Just send to joseph@apertureexpert.com and I’ll post it back here if you have no easy way to do that yourself.

@PhotoJoseph

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 25, 2012 - 2:43am

Here is Sharon’s photo: [screenshot].

Sharon also confirmed that this happens regardless of single or dual monitor setup.

So Sharon, this photo looks like a scan, is that correct? What format is the scan in? You can see this by looking at the File Name in the Metadata tab: [screenshot].

You’re saying that it looks normal until it’s “active”, and by that I presume you mean that the thumbnail is fine, but when viewed large in the Viewer, it changes color. When you select it, does it first look fine in the Viewer, then change, or does it look wrong immediately? Try dragging the photo from the Viewer to the desktop. I’m curious what that image looks like; if there’s a Preview created, then it will let you drag it. I’m not sure what this will tell us but I’m interested to know what the Preview file looks like.

I’m probably going to have you export the Master of one of these images and reimport it, to see if it draws correctly, as the next step.

@PhotoJoseph

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness