You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Merging libraries / iPhoto imports #1
RedSquare's picture
by RedSquare
October 3, 2012 - 8:40pm

Message: First what a great site! I have a couple of problems really. One, a lot of images are not tagged etc and imported from iPhoto and next my apple had a crash didn't back up properly so I have two libraries. should,I start from scratch with the tagging etc and just tag those that I happen to call up when I need and how can I merge the libraries, they don't really have much in them. thanks. this site should really help me get into this great program

redsquare

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 11, 2012 - 9:15am

Tony,

As far as tagging (by this I assume you mean keywording, but maybe you just mean adding metadata in general), honestly you could spend the rest of your life updating old images and never finish. I’d come up with a strategy you can stick to going forward, then maybe every so often if you’re bored go back to old images to update them, or as you suggest, when you find images you need for something, take that opportunity to add metadata. But if you get it in your head that you need to update all of your images in your Library, you may never get off the computer.

A perfect library is a nice thing, but not a necessity.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

d-light's picture
by d-light
October 4, 2012 - 6:53am

Tony,
I also work with several libraries with each of them dedicated to a different scope of images. E.g. I have different libraries for my “everyday” photos, travel experiences and for people photography (TfP). It depends on your personal preferences if you work with one library or with two or three (or even more). Of course, the number of images may also play a role (a library with thousands of images will perform different as a smaller one).

Joining two libraries is very simple:
Open one of your libraries
Use the File - Import menu and select Library…

I hope that may be helpful.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness