You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Migrating from PSE 9 on PC to iPhoto/Aperture on Mac #1
George Stone's picture
by George Stone
August 8, 2012 - 11:01am

Hello!

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed before, but I didn't find a prior post.

This is my first foray into the world of Macintosh, having purchased a MBPr. I want to move my 10,000 photos from a PC to the MBPr, using an external hard drive to store the images. I'd appreciate any pointers on how best to proceed before I do something stupid! I'm a bit unclear as to what, if anything, in the way of keywords, albums, etc. from PSE 9/PC will transfer. Anyone done this before?

George Stone
Clifton, VA

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 14, 2012 - 2:52am

George,

DB’s advice is spot on. Spending some time learning the app first before moving your images over will allow you to move the images later on in a structure that will make sense to you.

There are many tools to help with your learning process here, including eBooks and videos, all on the Store page.

Good luck and welcome!
-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
August 9, 2012 - 9:34am

Dont move your images over yet. Import in to Aperture new jobs or events. Learn Ap and you will see how to take past shoots/events into aperture. I think you are better off learning how aperture works before you do a massive transfer of images. A little at a time to work out the new workflow. Cheers and welcome

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

George Stone's picture
by George Stone
August 18, 2012 - 9:49am

Thanks, guys! Sound advice!

Regards,

George

George Stone
Clifton, VA

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness