You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Missing projects in Aperture 3.2.2 #1
Robin Irwin's picture
by Robin Irwin
February 10, 2012 - 6:47am

I moved to Aperture from iPhotos a little while ago. All was good, but just recently some a couple of projects have 'disappeared'. They are not in trash, and were in projects. Can anyone help?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 22, 2012 - 7:02am

Robin,

You said that you found the photos when you “click on iPhoto Library all photos”. I assume you mean the Aperture “Photos” view, and not an iPhoto view? [screenshot] Since you said you deleted the iPhoto Library, I want to be sure we’re talking about the same thing…

If you see the missing pictures in the Photos but can’t locate them in the Projects view, then right-click on one of the photos in question in the Photos view and choose “Show in Project” (about half-way down the list). This will open the actual project containing the picture, which will be highlighted on the left in the Library tab. Then you’ll know what project it’s in, and hopefully you can find the same project in the Projects view.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 10, 2012 - 12:41pm

Robin,

Did you import your iPhoto Library into Aperture when you switched? If so, did you recently delete your iPhoto Library?

@PhotoJoseph

Robin Irwin's picture
by Robin Irwin
February 10, 2012 - 5:51pm

Yes I did import iPhoto Library into Aperture. I did delete iPhoto Library, but the projects which have disappeared have only been in the past few days, and they have been new projects. I transferred to Aperture at least two months ago.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 11, 2012 - 8:17am

Robin,

Hm, OK that’s not good then. Exactly what is missing… a project (the yellow “container”), or photoswithin a project? And if photos, is it all photos or just some?

I wonder if it’s possible that filtering is hiding what your’e looking for. Check here [screenshot] for filtering of Projects and be sure it’s set to “All Items”, and for photos go here [screenshot] and choose either “unrated or better” or even “show all”.

@PhotoJoseph

Robin Irwin's picture
by Robin Irwin
February 18, 2012 - 1:43pm

A project is missing but I have since found the photos that were in that project when I click on iPhoto Library all photos. Aperture 3 Library ‘Projects’ does not come up as separate projects. I’m confused!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?