You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Missing Thumbnails in aperture library folder #1
Naomi 's picture
by Naomi
December 17, 2012 - 1:24pm

Hi, my aperture works fine and all, but I was poking around in my aperture library folder and in my preview folder since July no longer contain thumbnail files….what does this mean? I repaired permissions and the database….everything seems fine, should I be concerned?

Werner Gruda's picture
by Werner Gruda
January 17, 2013 - 6:21am

I got a similar “Problem” :( ! some of my many photos don’t show a thumbnail but previews are there! When I instruct to generate their Thumbnails NOTHING happens -it’s like Aperture (3.4.3 under 10.8.2 Mountain Lion) just “ignores” my command and also brings no error message! Some of the missing thumbnails have dashes “around” them and if I click in side this square the Preview is displayed!
I am not too concerned but it shows that the programming/coding still needs a lot of checkin/correcting! Many other things are not working as they are supposed to show me that this “professional” piece of software “works” a lot on hope! “Your Computer - the unknown Person!” Aperture has many exquisite functions but it is like a very high pr(aised)iced luxury car = very finicky! “You love AND hate it at the same time! But I am hoping it will “heal” eventually in Time! How much Time? Nobody seems to know!

Max's Dad

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness