You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mixing business with pleasure #1
Phil Walberg's picture
by Phil Walberg
February 3, 2013 - 6:07pm

Firstly, apologies if this has been covered before. I am new to aperture and need a little help in organising my photos.

I have a MacBook Pro at home where I keep all of my personal photography stored and have recently upgraded from iPhoto to aperture.
Being a dentist I take a lot of clinical photographs for diagnosis and documentation. These are stored on a of at work and I organise them in windows and they are viewed through the folder system as opposed to a program such as iPhoto/ aperture. They are organised into folders alphabetically for patient surname, and then sub folders chronologically by appointment date.

However, having recently been on a course and learnt how to manipulate the clinical photographs in aperture to achieve various diagnostic aids, and so I would like to move all of my clinical photographs into aperture.

However, I do need them to:
1) stay separate from my personal photographs
2) stay organised as each patient and separate appointments
3) not to update onto my devices as photostream.

Apologies for the long winded nature of my query, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Phil.

Joe's picture
by Joe
February 4, 2013 - 6:50am

Hi,

I will be having a setup with 2 separated aperture library:
One for your private pictures and
One for your business

For the business library, you need to test and think a few setup. Here are a few ideas:
1- you reproduce your folder principle but in aperture under project. Names are folder and projects are use to store photo based in the visit
2- you keep one project matching each business day. You add then the patient name as a keyword. Then you use smart albums for each patient to find picture related to him. Based on the same approach, you can flag some specific sickness and then compare pictures of multiple patient

Hope it help to start your thinking,
J

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness