You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mountain Lion Wallpaper? #1
Mark Alderson's picture
by Mark Alderson
July 30, 2012 - 11:55pm

I know this is going to be offbeat, but I upgraded to Mountain Lion yesterday and everything went smooth, the install even upgraded Aperture to 3.3.2, which I thought was a little strange, I purposely was holding off until I upgraded the OS. All went well, again, except…

I noticed that I didn't get a fancy desktop wallpaper of a Mountain Lion, like had been available like the other releases (Snow Leopard, Lion).

Anybody else notice that, or am I all washed up?

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
July 31, 2012 - 12:59am

Same happened for me, I had wallpaper set to custom image though in lion, when mountain lion upgraded it kept the custom image.

I then went to desktop in the system preferences and all the mountain lion wallpaper was there for choosing though.

I am in the midst of re-installing mountain lion from a fresh. Nothing has gone wrong with it, I just had nothing to do this afternoon.

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
July 31, 2012 - 1:01am

Well … the did drop the price by 30% … ;-) … I think the new zebra photo is the wallpaper du jour … not cat though …

Howard Buckler's picture
by Howard Buckler
July 31, 2012 - 2:13am

Mark, I have just upgraded to ML from SL via a download at the Apple store. Like you I was expecting some ML wallpaper but, alas, there doesn’t seem to be any!

Michael Ball's picture
by Michael Ball
July 31, 2012 - 3:00am

I believe, though I’m not 100% positive, but if you have a custom wallpaper and simply do an upgrade OS X will keep the custom wallpaper, but if it’s the default version it will change to the new one. (This is because of the fact that the file for the default wallpaper is actually named Default Desktop.jpg, or something like that. :P)

Mark Alderson's picture
by Mark Alderson
July 31, 2012 - 4:57am

Okay, I thought that something was wrong, I assumed (incorrectly) that Apple would have put a great wallpaper with a Mountain Lion on it, like they have done for earlier versions.

Since nobody else is seeing them, I’m okay with that. The zebras and the elephant are both great wallpapers.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness