You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Moving an image from a project to a specific location in an album #1
Mark Heyer's picture
by Mark Heyer
July 19, 2012 - 4:42am

When you import an image, you can drop it into any specific location you want within an existing project, as one would expect.

However, when for example, you have a project and an album open side by side and you want to transfer an image from the project to a SPECIFIC LOCATION within the album, it seems to be impossible - you have to drop it onto the album name on the sidebar, from where it appears at the bottom of the album and has to be manually dragged up to the desired location.

This is a major drag when editing large albums. Please tell me that there is a way to drag and drop between windows and I am just stupid not to know what it it. I really can't believe that Apple would enable drag and drop for external images but not for internal album to album or project to album editing.

Markopanama

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
July 19, 2012 - 10:19pm

Images only ever really live in Projects. Albums are like virtual collections or groupings of the images. You can think of it as a way to group subsets of images from the project.

If you are talking about the order in which images appear in the album, you can set the sort order to date, name, manual, etc. If you set it to manual, you can then drag-n-drop image thumbnails around in the album to change the order in which they appear.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?