You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Multiple Image Poster Creation #1
Charles Putnam's picture
by Charles Putnam
June 30, 2013 - 9:54am

About a month ago, Scott Kelby showed how to create a multiple image poster in Lr. Just wondering if this can be done in Aperture, and if so, how.

http://scottkelby.com/2013/how-i-built-that-audi-r8-poster-in-lightroom/

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
June 30, 2013 - 10:24pm

You can do it in Aperture too, via a series print I think. I haven’t tried it, but I think a custom page layout and series print job might do the trick.

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
June 30, 2013 - 11:50pm

I did a little playing around with this in Aperture. You can create a multi-image page where you specify the page size, the rows and columns, the spacing between them, and that you want multiple images on the page. This is effectively like a contact sheet from film days when you printed your film strips for review.

What I don’t see how to do is tell Aperture to let you print different sizes for different images on the same page. Equal size in rows and columns is very straight forward.

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
July 1, 2013 - 1:46am

You can duplicate Kelby’s poster using a custom book template right in Aperture 3 … you can pretty much duplicate any custom print package found in Lr Print module … I keep a custom theme for all my favorite paper sizes, and save the custom layouts to use for future projects … just call up the layout, populate with the images … print or export …

Simply create a new book, choose custom theme, set the page size to the paper dimensions you ant the final print to be. Design your layout and either print or export the page from Aperture …

Please note … if you are exporting to jpeg or tiff for printing at a pro lab … be sure to update the “Save PDF to folder as jpeg.workflow file” (there is a separate workflow file for tiff) as these scripts are set at a default of 200 ppi … I modified mine to export at 300 ppi

Sarah Mawdsley's picture
by Sarah Mawdsley
June 30, 2013 - 7:21pm

I would probably do it by creating a custom book and changing the layout to suit my needs.

I haven’t really played with the printing options in Aperture very much.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?