You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mylio vs. Photos and iCloud Photo Library #1
Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
October 31, 2014 - 6:41pm

Has anyone taken a look at Mylio yet? It kinda feels like a similar idea to what Apple is shooting for with Photos on iOS and OS X and iCloud Photo Library. I watched a few of their videos explaining it. You can actually skip the cloud thing altogether and just sync your photos across WiFi including Macs, PCs and iOS devices. It has a built-in editor and can sync the edits across devices. In one of the demos they demonstrate syncing edits with Lightroom. It requires a few extra steps where you need to specifically save metadata after your edit and then read that metadata on the other device. So the edits seem somehow compatible with the sliders in Lightroom.

I saw Aperture and iPhoto mentioned in some of the marketing material but it wasn’t demoed in the videos.

You can sign up for a free trial but so far I haven’t seen any pricing info. They might be waiting to hit you with that when the free trial ends and you’re hooked.

Thomas

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
October 31, 2014 - 8:52pm

I found an article about it on popphoto.com that mentions pricing.

The free trial version supports JPEG and raw files over three devices for a thousand photos. Moving up a level costs $100 per year, gives you two extra devices, but bumps the photo count up to 100k. For $250 per year, you get up to 12 devices, 500K photos, as well as some extra workflow tools.

It’ll be pricey for the amount of photos I have.

Thomas

Carl Brauer's picture
by Carl Brauer
November 4, 2014 - 2:04pm

At this time it also does not support Aperture (only iPhoto and Lightroom). My thinking is that Apple’s Photos app will be very similar to this.

jacquescornell@icloud.com's picture
by jacquescornell@icloud.com
January 3, 2015 - 8:13pm

Got my first iPad for Xmas in anticipation of exactly this. Cull, rank & organize on the iPad while on the road, then adjust & retouch on my Mac when I get home.

Now, if only Photos for iOS would also support tethering to my Panasonics’ wifi, I could replace my MBP with the iPad for location portrait shoots…

SKR Imaging's picture
by SKR Imaging
January 31, 2015 - 10:23pm

The Mylio Device Network is something I hope and wish Apple will implement in the new Photos ecosystem it is creating on it’s devices.. Depending on the “cloud” is just not a fool proof plan.. iTunes sync works well for now but I can’t edit the RAW files on my iPad and have it sync edits back to my Mac.. this coupled with Photos running on OSX and iOS would make it possible…

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?