You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
New Book: Mastering Aperture #1
Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
July 18, 2013 - 4:41am

Thomas Fitzgerald, “The Aperture Blog”, posted last week that he is publishing a new book in August called Mastering Apple Aperture 3.X. Click the link to read about the forthcoming book. You can purchase a draft version of the book now, and you will continue to get updates as the draft is updated.

I wonder whether his new book will be obsolete by a new version of Aperture before it gets traction.

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
July 18, 2013 - 4:54am

I wonder whether his new book will be obsolete by a new version of Aperture before it gets traction.

Such is the realm of How-to software book authors … timing is everything … I have many excellent books on my physical book shelf … and in iBooks or Kindle that are more or less obsolete because the apps they cover have changed quite dramatically since their publication …

Unfortunately with the secrecy of release dates for many applications it can be quite difficult hitting the right window to maximize book sales before the developer in question releases the next iteration rendering current tomes less valuable.

I wish Thomas good luck … hopefully, if there is a new release of Aperture … he can quickly update/modify the book as needed.

Scott Davenport's picture
by Scott Davenport
July 18, 2013 - 4:58am

Yup … irrespective of being quickly obsolete, it’s good to see activity and community investment in Aperture. I’m in a similar situation … finishing up an eBook on Aperture and workflow. I’m hopeful that Aperture 4/X/next won’t turn the world upside-down!

Bob Rockefeller's picture
by Bob Rockefeller
July 20, 2013 - 7:51am

With a release shown in August, it might be a short time before it needs an updated for Aperture X (or 4, or whatever it will be). I suppose that’s a good and a bad thing! :)

Bob

Bob
----------
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA
www.bobrockefeller.com

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?