You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
New intous 5 Medium Tablet - now what? #1
Mark Alderson's picture
by Mark Alderson
June 2, 2012 - 10:39pm

Okay, I sprang for the intous 5 tablet, medium size, i figured I might as well start learning it now. But what is the first thing to do in preparation?

(I'm not nit wit, so no jokes!)

The type of guidance/help I'm looking for is are there any pitfalls that I might run into installing and setting it up with Aperture.

Thanks gang!

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
June 4, 2012 - 2:58am

Mark

Dunno, but with the Bamboo, Aperture will vary the opacity of the brush with pressure except for clone/repair where it varied the opacity (in my very brief experience). Joseph suggested putting your Apple trackpad on the left of the keyboard and using that to adjust the brush size, works fine.

Bamboo again won’t play with natural scrolling, but there are hacks. Don’t know if this afflicts the Intuos.

Enjoy!

David

d.

Mark Alderson's picture
by Mark Alderson
June 4, 2012 - 10:13am

Okay, so I loaded everything and this thing is pretty cool, but it’s going to take a little getting used to.

So, does anybody have any tips now on using this tablet with Aperture?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 4, 2012 - 6:14pm

Mark,

Just use it as much as you can to get used to it. I find that when using the repair brush I prefer the mouse if I’m going to just click on a single point. Otherwise it’s a pretty great device.

I have an old one (Intuos 3 I think) and just played with a 5 last week. They have really come a long way… may be time to upgrade!

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness