You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
NEW Update iPhoto library message #1
Florian Cortese's picture
by Florian Cortese
November 21, 2014 - 2:15am

I transferred my iPhoto library to Aperture years ago and I know they are kind of merged although I never use iPhoto.  When I just plugged in my iPhone 6 into my computer for the new iOS 8.1.1 update iPhoto opened up and I got a message that I need to update my if library so that it will be compatible with a new update???  Anyone else get this?  I am holding off on doing anything right this moment.

Florian

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 21, 2014 - 8:16pm

Florian, iPhoto shouldn't have launched. It sounds like it's trying to open your old iPhoto library. Just quit iPhoto, then launch Aperture and in the preferences, make sure that Aperture (or “no application”, if you prefer) is set to the default “when camera is connected” app.

If it's already set to Aperture, with your iPhone connected, open Image Capture.app and select the iPhone, then open the small disclosure triangle at the bottom of the screen. I think that you can set device-specific apps here, so this may be set to iPhoto.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Florian Cortese's picture
by Florian Cortese
November 21, 2014 - 10:06pm

Yes, Joseph, you hit the nail on the head.  With the new OS X 10.10.1  and the new iOs8.1.1 updates, my setting in preferences and iTunes were change to no application in Aperture and iPhoto for the iPhone.  I’ve changed them all back to where they were originally, plus had to reselect which Aperture photo albums I wanted to be in my Photos app on the iPhone.  Next is to check the iPad!  

Florian

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?