You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
New Version from Master - Not working #1
Emma Blee's picture
by Emma Blee
July 4, 2010 - 9:32pm

Hello,

Recently I have noticed that even though I have the preference box checked for “create new version from master when making adjustments” this is not happening. I don’t seem to be able to find a way to view the new version next to the master for comparison. I am finding this very annoying as this was part of my workflow. I have tried rebuilding and repairing permissions with no luck.

Should I be looking at reloading aperture? if so - how do I go about that?

Thanks - Emma

Emma Blee

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 10, 2010 - 12:52pm

Emma,

I just tried this on my system and it does appear to work. Perhaps your preference isn’t actually “sticking”. Try quitting Aperture, deleting the preferences for Aperture and relaunching, then setting your prefs the way you want them. See if that helps.

The preferences file is located at: ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Aperture.plist

let us know,
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Emma Blee's picture
by Emma Blee
July 11, 2010 - 10:40am

Thanks Joseph,

Problem solved - Aperture Expert to the rescue again!!

BTW - I love the new look TWIP website - well done to all involved.

Cheers, Emma

Emma Blee

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 14, 2010 - 5:45am

Emma,

You’re welcome, and thanks, I’ll pass your admiration of TWiP site all along to Frederick!

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Morten Scheel's picture
by Morten Scheel
July 5, 2010 - 12:07am

The new versions are added to the stack. If your stack is collapsed you can’t see the other versions. Press the little number badge on the thumbnail to expand the stack.
Does this help?

Morten
@afringedweller

Emma Blee's picture
by Emma Blee
July 5, 2010 - 5:59am

Thanks Morten but even with my stacks expanded the only thing I see is the new version - not the master. I know I can hit M to see it if I want to but but I’d rather be able to see it as I had previously.

Emma

Emma Blee

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness