You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nik Plugins not working. Help! #1
Patrick Curry's picture
by Patrick Curry
July 24, 2013 - 7:29am

Since the evolution of Google Nik, most of the NIK programmes open fine: Define, HDR Efex Pro 2 and the two Sharpener Pro's. However when I try and open Viveza I get a registration box from the old edition (which is not on my system)! When I launch Silver Efex Pro from the Nik folder in the applications, it opens, but I cannot edit a photo with it and Color Efex Will not open either. When I try and open them in Aperture nothing happens. So it looks like they will open but not in Aperture as a plug in.
I have been using these programmes for a long time and have not had this problem.

The Nik support line has been of no assistance so far.

Patrick

Patrick

Joe's picture
by Joe
July 25, 2013 - 5:26am

Hi,
Never got this issue.. but I have seen a few read a few case on which nik plugin where not working correctly during installation. It was due to installation done while aperture still running.
So perhaps to start u should uninstall niksoftware and reinstall while ensuring that Aperture is closed?
Good luck!
J

Richard Jun's picture
by Richard Jun
August 14, 2013 - 6:50pm

I have exactly the same problem with ColorEfex and have followed many tedious but useless suggestions from a support staff as to how I should fix it.

I have reinstalled it several times, fixed disk permissions, provided system dumps, etc. But my impression is they know there’s a problem but can’t fix it.

So you chase your tail following useless suggestions until you just give up.

A program I paid for just won’t work and there is no effective support to fix it.

Patrick Curry's picture
by Patrick Curry
August 15, 2013 - 2:34pm

I also got very sick of some of the suggestions from the new owners of which none worked. In the end I just deleted the preferences (which I suspect come from the old versions) and now all is working fine.

Tr it, it ma work for you also.

Patrick

Patrick

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?