You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Not enough disk space #1
Mauricio Orozco's picture
by Mauricio Orozco
August 4, 2013 - 11:25pm

Aperture is giving me the following message : “not enough disk space” … I do have an external hard drive with more than 250 gb of free space and all of my original pictures are stored in that external hard drive.
What should I do to transfer / store or export some projects / folders from Aperture to clean memory or disk space in it ? I did read in the net that transferring files / projects or folders to iPhoto will clean Aperture, is this true ?
Would you please help with step by step procedures and details ?

Best regards,
Maurice.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
August 6, 2013 - 7:42pm

Sorry for the delay in answering. First make a smart Album and set its criteria to search for just the one criteria of Managed images, File Status_Managed. This will verify that all your images are located on the external HD. If you do still have images in the Smart album then select all of them and File_Relocate Originals to the external. That will free up some space on the internal drive where I think your Library exists.

You didnt mention if the internal drive was running out of room….is it. What size is the internal drive and how much space is free? How big is your Lib? Let us know cheers dbm

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness