You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Odd 'Processing' glitch #1
Marcus 's picture
by Marcus
November 27, 2011 - 5:35am

When I open Aperture, it comes up with a message saying 'processing'. In the activity window, it shows that it is processing 26 images.

It processes the same 26 images every time I open it and the app is unresponsive until it has done so - which takes about 10 minutes.

I cannot find a sample of those images anywhere in my library! One is named TLP 914. I can find no such image despite searching the library. TLP is a prefix I use though.

Anyone have any ideas?!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 27, 2011 - 6:42am

Marcus,

Ghost images… I’ve seen this before, but a very long time ago. I think I found the images by searching for photos size 0x0 pixels. Try that, using a pixel width metadata search EXIF > Pixel Height (or Width) > is 0 or is empty. Also try searching for the string (null); I seem to recall that being a trigger as well.

If you find any, delete them. They are probably remnants of a crash at some point.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 27, 2011 - 6:44am

Hey look at that I just found one in my system [screenshot]

The image showing up in the Viewer is NOT the image from that thumbnail, and the image in the Viewer was still intact after deleting this corrupt thumbnail and emptying the trash.

@PhotoJoseph

Marcus 's picture
by Marcus
November 27, 2011 - 8:34am

I tried that and it threw up 5 images which I deleted.

Not sure how to search for (null) though.

So far it has made no difference - it is still beach balling for 10 minutes or so whilst it processes (now) 24 images including the one I mentioned which I cannot find.

Marcus 's picture
by Marcus
November 27, 2011 - 8:45am

Note - I have tracked a few of the files down and they seem to be video files from my Nikon D3s.

I have no idea why Aperture won’t play those files, btw (it forces you to use Quicktime) but now it appears that even having them in the library may be causing issues.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
November 29, 2011 - 9:04am

Marcus,

So now that those video files have been deleted, are you still seeing the processing problem?

You can always try reimporting them and seeing if they behave better now.

@PhotoJoseph

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?