You are here

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
OnOne Software - Perfect Layers #1
Andreas S's picture
by Andreas S
December 1, 2012 - 5:03am

Hi Folks!
I tried on one and nik softwares aperture plugins…and i love them! espaceally the ink-soft ones…so i decided to buy the nik-bundle (not forgetting the aperture experts discount!) - but: How can i just install perfect layers from on one? I cannot download just perfect layers - it is just available with the whole testversion of the photo suite…and at the installation guide there is no possibility to decide just layers….and if installed, there are several folders for each plugin, so i thought i could delete the others…but there is no folder for perfect layers…can anyone help??
Thanks!!
Andreas

Carl Brauer's picture
by Carl Brauer
December 1, 2012 - 11:02am

Andrea,

I have both the Nik and onOne set of plugins, and prefer Perfect Photo Suite 7 for most of my work. According to the onOne web site, they will be offering Perfect Layers 3 in late January, 2013. However, it appears you can download a trial of just Perfect Layers now. I have been using Perfect Layers in combination with Perfect Mask and Perfect Effects for some time now, and find the integration and more intuitive user interface just a little more to my liking than the Nik plugins. There are also lots and lots of video tutorials on their web site which are quite helpful.

Andreas S's picture
by Andreas S
December 1, 2012 - 6:56pm

Thanks for your answer! Carl!
A single perfect layers download I couldn´t find…all links are linking to the photo suite trial…
If i want to make masks and so on, i use photoshop. I was searching for plugins to handle the mass of foots - the very best ones i work in photoshop…and for handling a lot of pics I prefer nik because the 6 plugins are more useful for my issue! BUT i am still learning! thats why i whantet to talk about that…with an experienced person ;-)
Masks i can make in photoshop, focal point doesn’t make correct tilt shifs (of course), and i think i do not need help to mask a portrait…thats easy in photoshop, with some training…
but the nik HDR tool, viveca for colors are more useful to avoid photoshop for the good-but-mass-photos….
Photo filters, B&W, Resicing are part of both onone and nik.
What do you think about my thoughts??
Greetings!

Carl Brauer's picture
by Carl Brauer
December 1, 2012 - 10:44pm

Andrea,

Here is the link:

http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/perfect-layers/

However, given your situation I do no think you need the onOne products. I do not use Photoshop so Perfect Layers works well for me. If you downloaded the Perfect Photo Suite 7 trial you should be able to just select “edit with plug in” and have Perfect Layers as one option.

Andreas S's picture
by Andreas S
December 2, 2012 - 12:20am

..oh..there is a little missunderstanding!
I already have installed the perfect photo suite…and everything works well! But i want to deinstall the photosuite and want to have just perfect layers installed…thats my issue…sorry for that!
Andreas

Carl Brauer's picture
by Carl Brauer
December 2, 2012 - 2:00am

My bad. There is no way to uninstall the other plugins and just keep Perfect Layers when you download the complete Suite. However, if you wait until the end of January, 2013, you will have the opportunity to just download Perfect Layers 3 as a standalone plugin. If you go to that link, it states:

“Perfect Layers 3 will be available late January 2013. Clicking the button above will download a free 30-day trial of the Perfect Photo Suite 7, which includes Perfect Layers 3. We will notify you when the individual version of Perfect Layers 3 is available for download.”

Andreas S's picture
by Andreas S
December 2, 2012 - 2:35am

Thanks Carl, i didnt recognise the january hint….so i have to wait…thanks!!

Scott Davenport's picture
by Scott Davenport
December 3, 2012 - 7:38am

FYI. I downloaded the free version of Perfect Effects 4, and it has a layering module/capability in it. Despite the name, once installed both a Perfect Effects Layers & a Perfect Effects plugin appear in Aperture. So if you can’t wait until January, this may be an option for you.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness