You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Page Layout Presets in Custom Book Themes #1
Adrian's picture
by Adrian
March 6, 2011 - 8:08pm

Hi Jospeh and everybody,

I want to use blurb.com as printing company for a book I want to create in Aperture 3 rather than their clunky software. So I created a custom theme based on blurb's specifications and measurements. I realize that I can fully customize the page layout, I would still like to use preset layouts like 8-up from the stock book theme. Is there any way to bring those page layout presets over to my custom book theme?

Thanks a bunch! I am looking forward to the live session tonight!

Adrian's picture
by Adrian
March 7, 2011 - 1:12am

whoops, the webinar is next saturday… should really read stuff more carefully!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 7, 2011 - 5:13am

Adrian,

Unfortunately there’s not. When you create a custom book, you get a small selection of presets that are scaled to the size and aspect ratio of your book (regardless what it is… here’s a bizarre test [screenshot]), but the 8-up isn’t there and there’s now way to move pages around.

Hopefully next version.
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Adrian's picture
by Adrian
March 7, 2011 - 6:37pm

Thanks for the reply Jospeh,

after trying everything I could think of, I figured as much, but being new to Aperture I have learned, that it does things quite differently than Lightroom and I was hoping, that I just overlooked it…

Anyway, I tried to make my own 6-ups and 8-ups and figured out, that those other presets would probably not have worked with my particular aspect ratio… Not quite as bad as in your screenshot, but still pretty bad.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?