You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
PDF Files in Aperture #1
Tim Doyle's picture
by Tim Doyle
August 13, 2012 - 9:04pm

I've noticed that when I do an import, I can import PDF files into Aperture. However, once they have been imported, I can figure out only how to see the first page of the PDF. Am I missing something? Is there a way to view the entire PDF without exporting the PDF again?

Thank you,

Tim

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 14, 2012 - 4:57am

Tim,

No way to view multiple page PDFs in Aperture, but you don’t have to export it either, as long as you are working Referenced. When I submit photos to the copyright office, I submit huge PDFs, then bring those back into Aperture for safekeeping. Since they are referenced, to open them just select it and tap Command-R (Show in Finder, or “reveal” is the way to remember the R), then open from there.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Tim Doyle's picture
by Tim Doyle
August 14, 2012 - 9:42pm

Thanks Joseph. That’s exactly what I’m doing - putting them in Aperture for safekeeping. Unfortunately, I am (for now) completely managed, so that option isn’t available. I may create an Applescript to open them with preview, or I could always just change my PDF files to be referenced.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 15, 2012 - 2:58am

Tim,

That’s what I’d do then… make a folder called “Aperture PDFs” and store all PDFs as referenced there.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Nic's picture
by Nic
March 7, 2014 - 12:43pm

I use managed libraries, and keep pdf’s along my pictures with i.e contact sheets, documents relevant to the shooting etc…

To view the multi page pdf i just drag and drop it from aperture to the preview icon on my Dock.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?