You are here

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Photo count next to Project is way off! #1
Debbie's picture
by Debbie
August 30, 2011 - 1:20pm

I just discovered that I have a Project with only 318 photos in it, yet the number next to the Project is 3593. Now I'm wondering how many other Projects have the wrong count? Has anyone ever seen that? Can it be fixed? TIA!

~Debbie

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
August 31, 2011 - 12:12am

I have experienced this before and I found repairing the library corrected the issue.

(incase you do not know how)
Press and hold the Option and Command keys as you start Aperture. Choose the middle option and sit back and wait, or go and make a cup of tea :)

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
August 31, 2011 - 6:41am

Thanks, Chris! I’ll do that when I can be without my library for awhile.

Btw… I experimented by exporting the Project as a new Library, and it created a library with the same count of 3,000+ photos even though it only has 318 in it. Very wonky! :)

~Debbie

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
August 31, 2011 - 6:47am

Strange if you export it as a new library and opening up the new library then I would have thought you might have been counter error free.

I am assuming this project doesn’t actually have 3593 photos and that your sort options aren’t hiding the other 3200+ photos ;)

Try run a repair on the new library and see what happens, it shouldn’t take anywhere near as long as your main library.

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
August 31, 2011 - 7:03am

Interesting question, Chris. I actually thought it did have that many photos, which is why I was surprised I only saw 318. It was a Project I lumped a bunch of photos from 2005 into until I could get them sorted by month. What sort options might I be using to only show some of the photos? Feeling dumb now. ;)

I already deleted the other library I made, but I can create it again quickly so I’ll try that first.

Thanks!

~Debbie

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
August 31, 2011 - 7:31am

Have a look at this small section of screen capture

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-k2W1EIEskaM/Tl1j9XsCDDI/AAAAAAAAF9o/2PvrdSUi_wg/ScreenShot%252520001.jpg

notice it is in browser view and then underneath there is a “search box” which has Unrated or Better. If your has anything else in it there will be a x to the right hand side. Click on this to make it go back to unrated or better.

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
August 31, 2011 - 7:39am

That was it! For some reason there was a tiny black box that looked like a clock set at 3:00. I had never done a search or changed anything in the search box, but when I hit the x all of the photos appeared. Yay for screenshots!! :)

Now I can delete the new library again. I hadn’t started repairing yet thankfully.

Thanks, Chris!! :)

~Debbie

Frank Kurzawa's picture
by Frank Kurzawa
August 31, 2011 - 10:36pm

That little clock icon indicated that you had a filter criteria set to filter by date.

HTH,
Frank

Frank Kurzawa

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
September 1, 2011 - 5:40am

Thanks, Frank! I figured that out after ditzing around with it for awhile. I’ve watched all of Joseph’s videos, but dang if I can’t remember stuff when I need to!! My kids stole too many of my memory cells when they were growing up. ;)

~Debbie

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?