You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
photomatix stop and go? #1
günther pichler's picture
by günther pichler
May 12, 2011 - 6:48pm

i hope you don't blame me for posting too much, but i've got another question about the photomatix plugin in aperture 3.1.2 :)
i've got the latest version of the photmatix hdr plugin and i'm using it for merging interior pictures.
but aperture errors every second merge i want to do: “image format is not supported”. only quitting and reopening aperture helps - but only for one more merging. the merging after displays the same error.

oh - and aperture crashes sometimes after i save my editings in the photmatix plugin.

does anybody have the same issues?

thanks,
günther

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 12, 2011 - 11:26pm

Günther,

Post as often as you like (as long as you’re not spamming of course)… that’s what this is here for!

I don’t use Photomatix, but I recall that some Nik Software plug-ins only work with TIF, and not PSD. Check your settings under Preferences > Export and if it’s set to PSD, try setting it to TIF and see if that makes a difference. [screenshot]

Otherwise, hopefully someone with Photomatix experience can help.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Robert Sfeir's picture
by Robert Sfeir
May 12, 2011 - 11:31pm

As Joseph mentioned the issue is what Photomatix is handling, and a PSD file is a no go. TIF or RAW is OK. That being said, having used photomatix for its first 2 years of existence, I got the aperture plugin but I let it go recently in favor of Nik Software’s HDR Efex Pro because Photomatix was simply not accurately rendering the previews, it was slow and clunky, and crashed Aperture constantly. So I bailed on them unfortunately. It’s a fine app in standalone mode though.

R

günther pichler's picture
by günther pichler
May 12, 2011 - 11:42pm

you’re right, i’m exporting psd-files. but i don’t get why aperture (or better: photomatix) works once (with psd) and the next couple of pictures isn’t accepted.

didn’t even know nik does HDR’s as well, will take a look at it, thank you!
pity i did buy photomatix already, though :)

günther

Robert Sfeir's picture
by Robert Sfeir
May 12, 2011 - 11:47pm

“pity i did buy photomatix already, though :)” - yeah, and I actually also got a product a few years back called Hydra as well, and that one has its own problems and poor HDR rendering/controls. Live and learn.

R

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness