You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Photos 1.1 Strips Title, Description & Keywords #1
Tom's picture
by Tom
October 19, 2015 - 4:52pm

Just noticed this today, and was wondering if anyone else has noticed it?  I was just playing around with Photos 1.1, and since this is my system library, I thought I’d export some photos, which included keyword, and places, to my desktop, and re-import them into Aperture.  Everything went fine until viewing the photos in Aperture and not finding any associated keywords, or places/location.

I don’t know how relevant this is to anyone else, but I’m still, sort a, kind a, on the fence about going full Photos 1.1 as a final choice.  I like some aspects of Photos, but I miss some of the luxuries that Aperture offers/offered.

???

Tom

Tom's picture
by Tom
October 19, 2015 - 5:03pm

OK, I just did some fiddling around, and it appears that keywords, description and title DO get transferred when exporting jpegs, but not when exporting RAW files that have titles, keywords and places.

Still learning Photos 1.1

Tom

Milo's picture
by Milo
October 19, 2015 - 7:52pm

That’s weird. I also noticed when I drag a RAW file out, it turns into a jpeg. I can only export unedited originals to a folder if I want access to a RAW photo :-/ 

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
October 21, 2015 - 2:26am

Isn’t that how Aperture works as well? Drag a photo out of Aperture gets the preview file which is always a JPEG. You need to use the Export->Original command to get the RAW.

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness