You are here

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Please help!!, Aperture is rendering my pictures new update with a awful colour cast. #1
Daniel Salazar's picture
by Daniel Salazar
July 31, 2012 - 2:51am

Hi, since upgrading Aperture to the current version, my new Pictures when shown the preview are ok, however when clicking on them they change to a horrible green. My files are RAW (.RW2) from a Panasonic Lumix GX1. Other thing, when checking in Adjustments, the RAW Fine Tuning Adjustment is greyed.
The ones from my Nikon D800 are good, that means, is not a general problem.

Michael Ball's picture
by Michael Ball
July 31, 2012 - 3:04am

For your photos which are having problems, have you tried the “Reprocess Masters” command? Select the images and then right click to get to it. See if that helps the situation. I don’t have a GX1 so I can’t comment there, however, the files from my LX3 seem to be fine.

Daniel Salazar's picture
by Daniel Salazar
July 31, 2012 - 3:09am

Hi, I’ve deleted them too and re-import them.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
July 31, 2012 - 3:45am

Reprocessing helped me. I read the following on the other forum.

I hesitate to forward the following to you for my lack of knowledge on what it does but it has helped others

Type the following in Terminal

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchSe rvices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -R /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library

Leonie wrote an explanation of Alan Rosemans post

The lsregister command registers the document types with the lauch service database, and the
“-R” option forces the recursive registration of the contained bundles, if you register a bundle. The “CoreTypes.bundle” contains the following bundles:

MachineTypes.bundle
iLifeMediaBrowserTypes.bundle

MobileDevices.bundle
iLifeSlideshowTypes.bundle
RawCameraTypes.bundle

including the RawCameraTypes.bundle; so the above command will register the known raw file types supported by the OS, e.g. Canon CRW raw image.
If you want to find out, which formats are actually registered,  run the “lsregister” command with the “-dump” option; this will give you a very long list of registered file types:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchSe rvices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -dump

To check if your own raw format is registered you may want to filter this list using grep, e.g.

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchSe rvices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -dump | grep “Canon CR2 raw image”

will filter for the output lines containing “Canon CR2 raw image” and show that the Canon CR2 raw image format is registered:
                    description:   Canon CR2 raw image
                    description:   Canon CR2 raw image

In all cases, where you find that your raw file type is not yet registered, Alan Roseman’s fix will be very helpful, in the other cases it will make no difference.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
July 31, 2012 - 3:49am

the previous post should be enough for you to research for more info. This is not for the faint of heart. Terminal commands if not copied correctly can be very very damaging.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
July 31, 2012 - 4:07am

In the above LaunchServices is one word. See how dangerous this is!!!

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Daniel Salazar's picture
by Daniel Salazar
July 31, 2012 - 4:10am

hi all I’m getting some from Leoni, ist not working at all

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
July 31, 2012 - 4:15am

the terminal command is all one line. type it first into text editor so you can see it in one line and make sure the words dont have broken spaces in it.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness