You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Poor resolution exports #1
English Bay Chick's picture
by English Bay Chick
May 18, 2012 - 12:12am

I'm new to Aperture and am having trouble exporting. I have tried exporting to Desktop and then sending from their but the quality of the images received is very poor.

Is there something I can change in the preferences/export section of Aperture to increase the quality of the exports?

What should I put as my 'external photo editor' in preferences?

Dustin's picture
by Dustin
May 31, 2012 - 3:44am

Well there you have it. Thanks!!!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 18, 2012 - 1:47am

Hi “English Bay Chick” (btw, you may want to update your profile with a real name… so we don’t have to call you “English Bay Chick” in the forum ;-)

When you export (menu: File > Export > Version…) you have a choice of pre-made presets to choose from (such as full size, half size, etc.), and you can create your own export presets as well. I don’t know how you exported before, but you should never have a poor quality export. It sounds like perhaps the images were scaled further in your mail application if what was received was very poor.

External photo editor is only if you are using an app like Photoshop in addition to Aperture, and you can set it to whatever application you like.

Since you’re just getting started, you may want to consider some training. Check out the Aperture Training Store for a variety of text and video based training you can download.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Dustin's picture
by Dustin
May 30, 2012 - 8:35am

Interesting, I’m having the same issue with Apple’s Mail application. I can export an 8MB jpeg onto my desktop, open gmail, and attach the pic with no problem.
However, if I export that same 8MB jpeg to the Mail application the image becomes 185KB.
My Export to Mail setting is:
File > Preferences > Export > Email Photo Export preset > JPEG Original Size

I’ve also tried:
File > Preferences > Export > Email Photo Export preset > Email - Original Size JPEG

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
May 30, 2012 - 8:50am

Dustin,

Have you noticed the Image Size setting at the bottom right of each new email? It has a pop-up menu to set the image size to Small, Medium, and Large or Actual Size. Mail will automatically resize all images in the current email to that setting. Each new email defaults to the last setting you used.

Tom

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?