You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Portrait Orientation Images in 3.4.4 Have Problems #1
Gregg McPherson's picture
by Gregg McPherson
April 24, 2013 - 2:03am

I just upgraded to 3.4.4 and now my portrait-oriented photos are having an issue. I can see them clearly in the browser view but when I go to a single image by using a single V-stroke, the image immediately repositions it self into a smaller version in the upper half of a portrait-frame. The image is rotated 90 deg so it is horizontal. If I hit V-Stoke again, the image is correctly shown in the portrait orientation. When I then back out to browser view, the small image is also re-imaged to a horizontal version of the image in a portrait frame. The bottom of the image in the portrait frame is black. If I look at the histogram for the portrait-oriented image, I see the message “iPhoto Externally Edited Image” and no histogram. All the horizontal images are fine.

I can correct the problem by duplicating the image, changing its orientation and then changing it back to portrait. What seems to be happening? I have tried the Aperture First Aid screen and run all the repairs but nothing seems to work. Ideas?

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
April 24, 2013 - 1:52pm

Im glad you tried the AP first aid screen. Next id probably delete or move to desktop the cache and plist files. see FAQ if not sure where to look for those. When ever I do the AP repair screen I also do Disk Utilities repair permissions as a system tweek. Report back

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

by Gregg McPherson
April 28, 2013 - 9:37am

Sorry for the long delay. I did as you suggested and trashed the plist but the Aperture cache folder does not exist. I have searched using the Go menu under the Finder as well as searching with Spotlight. No cache for Aperture. Can I create one? I also did the Disk Utility repair permissions. No luck. What I get is a file image that can be half read and then the rest of the image is greyed out. When I try to duplicate the image, I see very briefly what looks like a low-res version of the whole image and then the bottom goes grey again. Seems like it is some sort of file reading error. Suggestions?

by Gregg McPherson
April 28, 2013 - 9:52am

One more thing on this. I am using Aperture by linking to my original iPhoto file. I am not sure if this affects the existence of an Aperture cache folder or not?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?