You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Possible levels Bug? #1
Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
August 20, 2012 - 8:13am

Can someone please try something out for me. I am adding levels to an eyes shot, and I seem to get a strange “apply to entire photo effect” though I am not selecting it.

If you Brush in some level, then adjust it (I am using blue only channel) Then, while leaving the small levels brush/erase dialog box open on screen, go to the clog on the levels section in the adjustments tab and select Brush Levels away.

Does anyone find that it ends up applying blue to the entire photo? Even in the Menu, Aperture > Edit it says undo apply to entire photo.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 22, 2012 - 3:59am

Chris,

Ah, I see what you’re doing. This is correct behavior. The option you’re choosing, to brush effect in or away, applies or removes the affect from the entire image to start. See if you say “brush in”, then you start with nothing applied, and brush the effect over the image where you want it. If on the other hand you choose “brush away”, then the affect is applied to the entire image, and you would then erase it from where you don’t want it.

Watching your video, I think what you’re trying to do is after brushing some in, erase some of what you’ve brushed. You need to select the erase tool on the pop-up palette to erase brush marks, not select “brush away”.

You should watch this video to learn more about brushing: Live Training Session 015: Adjustments; Dodge & Burn (& how brushes work)

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

vidpixarts@gmail.com's picture
by vidpixarts@gmail.com
August 20, 2012 - 10:45am

Chris: I tested this and did not get the same results. I think I followed your requested map carefully–all steps –and did not get the results you describe. Seemed to work as advertised. Nor did I experience what you did in the edit menu.

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
August 21, 2012 - 3:09am

Thanks for checking it out.

This is a screen cap of what I am doing.

http://youtu.be/h7qX73qp63Y

although thinking about it, I may be mis-understanding the wording on it. When it says brush levels away. is it meaning that it will apply it to the entire photo and then you select where you do not want it being applied to?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?