You are here

1 post / 0 new
Powerphotos - Import Broke jpg/raw Photos #1
john's picture
by john
February 29, 2016 - 3:46pm

I purchased PowerPhotos over the weekend to help with managing my multiple Photos libraries… However I ran into issues using this application as noted below…

When using it to import from one Photos library to another… it separated my single RAW+JPG photos and created two unique photos in the target library.  So, I use my camera to shoot raw and jpg photos in a single shot, in Photos the result is the (default) to show jpg by default but I could switch to the raw ones..However, looking in the library, I would see only one photo either the jpg or raw.  NOW, I have two photos showing in Photos, one is the jpg with the correct file name and the other is the raw photo and it has a name that looks like a key(GUID) value, not the photos filename at all.

While the import was occurring, I stepped away for about 10 minutes.  In that time, the import finished and I was presented with was Photos had crashed! PowerPhotos will open/close Photos several times during the import.  The preference pane which points to the library to open, was pointing to the target library not the source which is my system library,  a message about 50 photos in error and basically an unstable result to a process that is handling my photos!

I’m missing 77 photos in my counts between the source and target with no reference with what photos were rejected during the import… just a count of 50 was given.

Tread with caution…

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?