You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Preset Pack #5 Film Funk error on install #1
John Milton's picture
by John Milton
July 20, 2012 - 6:52pm

Having recently purchased the entire pack of Adjustment Presets, i followed Joseph's advice to reinstall after having issues to start.
quit Aperture, then go to the ~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/ folder and delete the file Adjustment Chain Presets.plist, re-launch Aperture and install again.

I did this & all of the presets installed fine except Preset pack #5 Film Funk. Having tried a couple of times, Aperture now appears to be very slow loading, giving me the spinning wheel for about 4 minutes before finally showing the pictures.

Can you offer advice on what I should do next. Thanks John

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 21, 2012 - 6:55am

John,

Frustratingly I’m seeing the same thing, and I was under the impression that the update fixed things. I have reports of failure and success, so this is exceptionally frustrating.

I’m confident this will be resolved eventually, but if you want a refund just send me your download email and I will process it.

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 24, 2012 - 9:27am

John,

Go to the ~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/ folder and delete the file Adjustment Chain Presets.plist — this will reset your presets to default and your launch time will improve.

The slow launch is an old bug that appears to have crept back in along with this installation problem.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

John Milton's picture
by John Milton
July 23, 2012 - 12:20am

Hi Joseph, Its not a problem. I’ll await the fix as I’m sure it won’t take too long.

Many thanks

John

John Milton's picture
by John Milton
July 23, 2012 - 7:48am

I forgot to add that the most frustrating part now is that its taking 4 minutes plus to actually get Aperture going. By this I mean no images showing just library detail. Once i’ve waited I get all images as normal.

If I could cure this I would be grateful.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness