You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
printing on different types of photo paper #1
david allen's picture
by david allen
July 3, 2010 - 4:06pm

Am I missing something………. when looking to print in Aperture I can’t see a paper type option (gloss, matt, etc) so I am having to copy my photos to desktop and print with another program.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 10, 2010 - 1:09pm

David,

I’m not an expert in printing, but I looked at my Aperture and two things come to mind.

First, make sure you’ve clicked on the More Options button at the bottom left of the Print dialog (see on screenshot, mine says Fewer Options because I’ve already clicked it). Then, for my printer, I can choose which paper as a Rendering: Color Profile. On mine, I see a series of paper options (for the actual paper made by the printer manufacturer).

See screenshot here

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Trevor Ager's picture
by Trevor Ager
July 6, 2010 - 5:44am

David,
Once you select your image and then hit print you are presented with a preview and you can make selections such as Printer, Page size, orientation etc. Once you have made all your setting then click ‘Print’.
You should then get a second print window come up where again you can selct your printer (should you have more than one). Under that is a Presets box and this is where you can select your paper type. There will be several other selections you can make but it may vary slightly depending which printer you have.

In short make sure you go through the first print setup screen and click print then complete the setup on the second print screen and then hit ‘Print’ again to make the print.

david allen's picture
by david allen
July 7, 2010 - 5:59pm

Unfortunately all I get under Presets is ‘standard’ and ‘last used settings’. I use a Canon i965 and I do get all the options under Preset if I use Canons Easy-PhotoPrint program.

david allen's picture
by david allen
July 28, 2010 - 7:13pm

Sorted. I didn’t click on ‘last used setting’ as that didn’t seem right but when you do it allows you to change the last used settings by giving all the options.

frances colbert's picture
by frances colbert
April 16, 2016 - 9:59am

Make sure that you apply and save every changes you make from the settings in order for you desired configuration to take effect.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?