You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Problem with AppleScript: 4-up; Auto Levels & Curves, RGB & Luminance #1
Jennifer Crumrine's picture
by Jennifer Crumrine
October 9, 2010 - 1:01pm

I just bought the new Apple Script: AppleScript: 4-up; Auto Levels & Curves, RGB & Luminance. I have it installed on my MacBook Pro and am running Aperture 3.

When running the script I get a time out error. The following is the Event and Replies log from the AppleScript Editor:

tell application “System Events”
set frontmost of process “Aperture” to true
click menu item “Duplicate Version” of menu “Photos” of menu bar 1 of process “Aperture”
Result:
error “System Events got an error: AppleEvent timed out.” number -1712

I don't know if it is a problem with the script or my setup.

Thanks,

Jenn

Morten Scheel's picture
by Morten Scheel
October 10, 2010 - 11:57pm

Hi Jenn,
I need you to check a few things for me.
1. What version of OS X are you using?
2. Does your Aperture’s menu bar have a menu called “Photos” with a command called “Duplicate Version”? Or are you using a different language?
3. Open the Activity Monitor (use spotlight if you don’t know where it is) and check if there is a process called “Aperture” (Aperture must be running).
4. When you run the script from the script editor, which part of the script is highlighted when the error occurs?
5. Does the script work when you run it from the script menu?
6. Which keyboard shortcuts do you use for “Duplicate Version” and “Full Screen”?

I have an alternative script that does exactly the same, but uses keyboard shortcuts in stead of menu items. Please send me a mail with your answers, and I’ll send you the other script - morten at scheel dot com

Thanks,
Morten Scheel
@aFringeDweller

Jennifer Crumrine's picture
by Jennifer Crumrine
October 24, 2010 - 1:13pm

Sorry Morten for the delay. I have been on vacation. The script is now working as designed. I didn’t make any changes to my computer to make it work. It must of been user error.

Thanks,

Jenn

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?