You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Project import #1
Paul Evans's picture
by Paul Evans
September 16, 2013 - 3:22am

Hi

I would like a nice simple explanation on how to import a project, within an old library that is located on an external Hard Drive. Once that project is on my laptop I would then like to merge a current project with the re imported one.

I'm sorry if this is on the forum somewhere but I've been unable to find what I need.

Paul.

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
September 16, 2013 - 8:34am

Your explanation of what you want to do is not articulated very clear, but I will take a stab and see if I understand you correctly. You have a library on an external HD that contains a project. You want to import that project into a library you have on your internal HD. You then want to merge the imported project with another project already in the library on your internal HD. Right?

If I’m right then you open the library on the external HD. Select the project you want to bring to your internal HD and export that project as a new library. Now open the library on your internal HD and import the library that contains that single project. This will get a copy of the project from your external HD library into your internal HD library.

Do the two projects you want to merge have the same images, just with different data and adjustments? Or do these projects have completely different images and you just want all of the images to be in a single project? You can select both projects and merge them very easily if both contain completely different sets of images.

Paul Evans's picture
by Paul Evans
September 17, 2013 - 3:41am

Thank you Walter.

You were spot on. Sorry I wasn’t clear enough. Anyway, all done & dusted.

P.

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
September 17, 2013 - 10:26am

Glad I got that right and that it all worked out for you, Paul.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?